3 Family Traditions for a Memorable Valentine's Day!

Are you looking for a way to make Valentine's Day memorable for your family?  

I love the idea of writing love notes and leaving them for your family where they can find them throughout the day and making homemade Valentines for each other.  

What Valentine's Day traditions do you have with your family? 



1. Make homemade Valentines for each other

Get out some card stock, construction paper, glitter, paint or any other craft material you think would be appropriate for making homemade Valentine’s Day cards.  Let the kids use their imagination in making the cards and let their creativity shine. Each person should try to make a card for each person in the family.

2. Put a special note in your kid’s lunch – or even in your husband’s lunch or pocket!

On Valentine’s Day hide a little love note somewhere where your kids/husband will find it as they go about their day.  This can be as simple as saying “Hope you have a great day! Love you!” or even “I love you because…”.

I remember when I was a little girl every now and then (not just Valentine’s Day) my mother would slip a cute note or joke into my lunch box for me to find when I was at school – I always looked forward to finding them!


3. Make PINK Chocolate Chip Cookies! We're just a few days away from Valentine's Day... So, we thought it would be a great time to share the idea of making "PINK" chocolate chip cookies with your kids! I found this on Pinterest and couldn't believe I didn't think of this earlier. I made them with the kids and they loved them! 


Fun idea for cookies at home, class party, or treat bags! 


Click here for the recipe.